Monday, April 12, 2010

I've Learned The Road Goes Both Ways



Ha! Comedy Club after a day full of freezing!


Ice Skating at Rockefeller Center!@!



Mark calling to find names of family on Ellis Island.



On top of the Empire State Building!











On the freezing ferry!





At the dumbest off Broadway show!








On the Patomic River







George Washington's Home..



















Names at Ellis Island












Cool door. I like doors remember.




















Apparently someone does look at my posts, and noticed that I had not blogged. Hmm. Guess I will since there is lots to tell! Mark and I took a lovely trip backeast....not just barely, but about a month ago now, we had so many laughs, and hugs, and talks, and u-turns!! Probably mostly u-turns! He He. But the reason this trip was so significant, was not because I went high on the Empire State Building, or that I found treasures on Ellis Island...names from someone related long ago, or that I got to walk the streets with my best friend Mark. It was because I came to realize I was waaaay stressed out! I know we all get there, or are there most of the time. No way could I let a trip like this end!! So we talked of doing crazy things like moving, and saying yall, and having kids grow up with accents. Beautiful drives through hills, and green grass. Slowing down a ton. And we came up with the conclusion that we were ready for something new, anything new. Not because of my family and friends, but because I really really want to slow down. I want more kiddos. I want to be able to help in my kids school, because right now I can't. I want to be home more when they get home from school. D all the above is what I want, and I figured, and we figured it's time for us to go!! Kentucky Louisville area is where we are going. I am so excited.






























Here are some lovely pics from our trip!!

8 comments:

ann said...

Good for you!
THat is huge.
It looks like you had a great trip!
Good luck with everything and if you are ever in show low again call me!

Brooke said...

How exciting Jodi! I saw the picture of your husband on Facebook--but, I thought it was just a joke. But...you're really moving!? It's exciting and scary and fun and crazy to be away from anyone who you know. So--I'm really excited for you! Good luck with everything! We're going to be moving again soon and it's not my favorite thing to pack and all that. But, it's fun once you get settled. Also--I can't remember if I ever sent you an invite for my blog--if I didn't and you would like one, just e-mail me your e-mail address. Mine is brookejones13@hotmail.com
I love all the pictures from your recent trip--looks like you had a blast!

Erica Shurter said...

Wow! That is so great for you guys! We have always talked about moving too, cause we are still in Show Low and need a change! I'm so excited for you. You'd better keep blogging so I can see what I'm missing! ha ha! :) So what are you doing with the Blossom stores?
love the pictures also!

ann said...

ps send me your email, so we can keep in touch!

The Baum Squad said...

What the? Sometimes I want to move to Kentucky. Like when I watch the movie, "Dreamer". Does it really look like that? Good for you. I hope the move brings you everything you wish for.

Does this mean goodbye blossom? :(

Blossom Salon said...

My email is blossomsalon@yahoo.com. I don't know how to get a hold of you Ann!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jodi! I totally get how you feel- I feel that same way, and I always think about how awesome it would be to get to be home more and actually get to go into my son's classroom and see what it is they do in there! I'm so happy for you to get to do that, I will so miss all your cute furniture:) I hope it works out good for you guys!

larainydays said...

The selfish me says DON'T GO! The trying to be nice me says...I understand and I'm proud of you.