Monday, March 21, 2011

First signs of Spring!!






Spring so very special to me now. I don't think it was before at all. I mean I would have fresh planted plants next to my Christmas decorations on my front porch that I just bought from Home Depot! But here it has been full of suprises! Like these daffodils, I have them by my front porch, and we were so excited when we first saw the green poke through the soggy wet ground! I was talking the other day to my mom on the phone, and I just go Oh my Gosh!! and she was like what what? and I told her about all of the daffodils on the side of the freeway out of nowhere. You can really appreciate life when all you have been seeing is brown all winter. I can see how you could be hopeless, and then all of a sudden just like the little herbs that I planted, you see a tiny little green bud coming out of the ground, and it is the most beautiful thing ever. WE GOT HERE during the summer last year, it was plenty green but we did not appreciate every single bud like we do now. I feel like this is how we were with the gospel, and members, and friends and family. We knew it was all beautiful, we were able just to enjoy them right from Home Depot, but we forgot about all the hard work and endurance that went into these special people in our lives! My has my perspective changed on so many things!! I am so thankful for this amazing huge lesson that my heavanly father has taught me, and I so appreciate all of the beauty he has put on the earth, to keep us hopeful, faithful, and grateful for each new leaf!

3 comments:

laraine@eddfam.com said...

What a great post Jodi. Thanks for sharing it and the beautiful signs of spring.

Unknown said...

Jesus was very clear in what we must do in order to have Him ABIDE in us and we in Him.

He left this command for us in John 6:53-57, and it is the only place in Holy Scripture in which you will find it:

53 " Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you (the taken away branch);

54 he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 HE WHO EATS MY FLESH AND DRINKS MY BLOOD ABIDES IN ME, AND I IN HIM.

57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me."


What does "Truly, truly" mean to you in verse 53? What does "unless" mean?

The body lives because it receives real food sustenance. Starve the body and it will die.

Just as the body needs real sustenance, so does the soul, else it will not bear fruit.

The soul lives by real Divine sustenance, the true presence of Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist.

Nicole said...

GORGEOUS!