Tuesday, February 10, 2009

{Day 3 of the for reals cleanse..}

Seriously I have never been on a diet before, and I really think that they are overrated. Last night Mark said even a diet would be fun to go on compared to this. Let me just tell you how dang hard this is. I wake up, have some pills, lemon and olive oil, a shake,{that's not very sweet, my only sweet thing all day. Lunch, some broth and vegetables, afternoon, a shake if I am not too stuffed from lunch. And finally for dinner some organic chicken or fish, and vegetables!! For dessert we always cheat and have some gum!! I never appreciated it soo much. Oh and have more pills all throughout the day. They are enzymes and probiotic and magnesium. I am hoping to really have no middle when I am done with this. The kind that you don't have to suck in all of the time. And I for reals get way too many headaches. So my goal at the end of this next three weeks is to cut out 3/4 of my sugar and fried foods. Basicly the 90 to 10% rule. Just wondering if anyone ever has done a bodybalance cleanse before? My client told me that she got pregnant after being on one just one month later. So the meaning of this post is please don't bring me chocolate for Valentine's Day!!

2 comments:

melinda said...

Hi Jodi! Tyler and I did that cleanse (or at least one that sounds the same--mine was called Ultra Metabolism) almost a year ago. Lemon water and olive oil and water first thing. Berries/soy milk/brown rice protien/ tofu ect for breakfast. Homemade broth for a snack. Veggies (but only the really healthy/non startchy ones) and brown rice for lunch. Broth and or a shake for a snack. Veggies, brown rice, chicken or fish for dinner. As much organic as possible. Is that the same one? It made me feel really good after the first 2 days and I'd stopped craving sweets. It wasn't that bad for me though because that is sort of how I eat anyway, except for I eat some sweets/chocolate which is my downfall. Tyler felt almost sick and had headeaches the first few days but he drinks pop and I haven't since high school. He is also more of a beef guy;) And his favorite veggies are peas, corn, potatoes ect (NOT on the list of ok veg!) The easiest way to get through the diet was to have tons of the veggies cut up ahead of time. I seriously spent like 3 hours preparing for my week. Toss them all in big ziplock bags and when it is time to cook them (in OLIVE OIL) just dump some of each kind and sautee them up. Cook your rice ahead of time too and then you just have to add it to the "stir fry" mixture. I even cut my chicken in chunks and added it mixed in like that too. I think another choice is chick peas (which I LUV!) so you can throw some of those in for protien instead. Otherwise, it gets easier after the first couple of days. It really help me quit craving so much sugar. I'm going to have to do it again after I have this baby though! I'm all off track now! We both did loose a few pounds--I don't remember it being in my belly though but that isn't where I have extra fat--I get all that in my butt and thighs!! Hang in there! just think you are getting closer to finishing the cleanse, and I bet you are over the roughest hump already, and if you quit now, you'll have wasted your 3 days of misery;) Oh and hopefully it will aide you in getting pregnant. I didn't know that was a perk of the cleanse:) I'm sure good health in general is helpful? Good luck! and SOO sorry for the novel.

Suni said...

Yes diets stink....especially on valentines day! Seeing all this junk is driving me crazy! I am on one too right now, kinda the same thing you are doing, no shakes though just tons of water, certain veges, apple, strawberry, grapefruit, and chicken.....4 weeks of this. I am counting everyday down! Atleast Mark is doing it with you so you have each others support. All I can say is good luck! I am sure we will feel better.....right!?!