Sunday, October 5, 2008

Texas Tornado... Part 1



So Sunday morning, we were off to the airport to catch the plane...but little did we know that we were going to miss this first flight by seriously one minute. The lady was a little too happy telling us that we couldn't get on. I forgot to tell you we were flying standby... but still.so then we attempt Flight to Dallas 3 hours later... no bueno either.....so then we find out that the last flight of the day to Dallas is pretty much a no go too. So looking at our options we decide to fly to Austin and rent a car and drive to Dallas, we were going to rent a car anyways...so we just had to rearrange our plans.So we got on that flight...which seemed to be a miracle. By the time we landed it was like 7:30 their time. We got our car, and we were off to Dallas... drove through Waco by the way. We wanted to go straight to the airport to get our bags...which if you haven't been to that airport before, it is like four times ours...at least. So by the time we get there...( if you are bored I totally understand I just have to remind myself of this story next time I think of flying standby).... it is like 1:00 in the morning. Well the baggage claim for us airways is closed.. and no one can find our bags..not in the system or anywhere. So we decide to just go to our hotel..with no bags and get some sleep for like four hours. I wake up at 4:00 our time and call the Phoenix airport and they said our bags are in Dallas. I decide to drive to the difficult airport and get our bags so that we can at least go to our class that day... They don't open until 9:00.. so I decide to take a nap in our car!! I wake up and go to the friendly lady, and she said that they just barely sent our bags to Austin.. So Yaaa the two times I went there our bags were there the whole time until 7:30 when they decided to send them away. I went to my home and by now I had a migraine and was feeling pretty sick. The other girls want to go to the class anyways...no shower...no tools...no toothbrush...I just decided to be in a coma in our room. Took a long nap and by the time they came home, they said that the class was awesome and that I shouldn't be missing it so I decide to go and it was awesome. After class we drove all the way to the airport again and got our bags...Finally... a shower and some clean clothes!! It has really been a long 24 hours.

2 comments:

aj perkins said...

Sounds like you had a hellofa time but your pics look like it turned out fun. Do you want to practice on my hair??

fantastic6 said...

Sorry for the crazy mix up, that sounds way too much like my life! Hope you salvaged some fun anyway. How did Marc do with the girls? I bet they are all so glad you are home:-)